TNC: Update HowTos and implement some compilation flag checking
while trying to get TNC with Attestation up and running, I encountered several little issues that should be easy to fix.
While an Attestation setup is a rather complex thing which requires a lot of work, following the HowTos and configuring the source code should at least go smooth.
- Update the Wiki Entries to work with the current stable version:
- The ./configure script should do some basic checking if the selected flags do make sense:
- It is possible to enable the Attestation IMV without any database backend.
- If you miss the --with-tss flag (like I did), you build an IMC without TPM support, which of course can't work. trousers should be the default if the IMC is activated.
- The Attestation IMC/IMV cannot work when the OS IMV/IMC are not available since they do not know which OS is running on the target. So there should be a dependency, too
#2 Updated by Andreas Steffen over 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
I know that the documentation lags behind all the TNC extensions that I've added this year. I'm currently at the Trusted Computing Conference in Orlando, Florida where I'm going to demonstrate our Android BYOD showcase and the new PT-TLS client running on Linux and Windows. After my return I'm going to update the documentation, especially the new worktem-based IMV database interface which hasn't been documented yet at all.