- Several performance improvements to handle thousands of tunnels with almost
linear upscaling. All relevant data structures have been replaced by faster
counterparts with better lookup times.
- Better parallelization to run charon on multiple cores. Due to improved
ressource locking and other optimizations the daemon can take full
advantage of 16 or even more cores.
- The load-tester plugin can use a NULL Diffie-Hellman group and simulate
unique identities and certificates by signing peer certificates using a CA
on the fly.
- The redesigned stroke in-memory IP pool handles leases. The "ipsec leases"
command queries assigned leases.
- Added support for smartcards in charon by using the ENGINE API provided by
OpenSSL, based on patches by Michael Roßberg.
- The Padlock plugin supports the hardware RNG found on VIA CPUs to provide a
reliable source of randomness.