- The pluto IKEv1 daemon now exhibits the same behaviour as its
IKEv2 companion charon by inserting an explicit route via the
_updown script only if a sourceip exists. This is admissible
since routing through the IPsec tunnel is handled automatically
by NETKEY's IPsec policies. As a consequence the left|rightnexthop
parameter is not required any more.
- The new IKEv1 parameter right|leftallowany parameters helps to handle
the case where both peers possess dynamic IP addresses that are
usually resolved using DynDNS or a similar service.
can be used by the initiator to start up a connection to a peer
peer.foo.barinto the currently allocated IP address.
Thanks to the rightallowany flag the connection behaves later on
so that the peer can rekey the connection as an initiator when his
IP address changes. An alternative notation is
which will implicitly set rightallowany=yes.
- ipsec starter now fails more gracefully in the presence of parsing
errors. Flawed ca and conn section are discarded and pluto is started
if non-fatal errors only were encountered. If right=%peer.foo.bar
cannot be resolved by DNS then right=%any will be used so that passive
connections as a responder are still possible.
- The new pkcs11initargs parameter that can be placed in the
setup config section of /etc/ipsec.conf allows the definition
of an argument string that is used with the PKCS#11 C_Initialize()
function. This non-standard feature is required by the NSS softoken
library. This patch was contributed by Robert Varga.
- Fixed a bug in ipsec starter introduced by strongswan-2.8.5
which caused a segmentation fault in the presence of unknown
or misspelt keywords in ipsec.conf. This bug fix was contributed
by Robert Varga.
- Partial support for MOBIKE in IKEv2. The initiator acts on interface/
address configuration changes and updates IKE and IPsec SAs dynamically.