Documentation about IPsec¶
- A hopefully up-to-date list of IPsec Standards.
- Steve Friedl's Illustrated Guide to IPsec
- HSR course "Internet Security": Virtual Private Networks
- HSR course "Internet Security": Internet Key Exchange
- This site has a lot of links about the topic: http://www.estoile.com/links/ipsec.htm - Dead link (name resolution fails)
- Leichter Tunneln - Einfacher Tunnelbau dank IKEv2 - Heise Security (German)
A solid unterstanding of the IKE protocol is particularly useful when debugging IPSec configurations. The following books might help you getting a good grasp of the subject.
- Kaufman, Charlie, Radia Perlman and Mike Speciner. Network Security - PRIVATE Communication in a PUBLIC World (2nd Edition), Prentice Hall International, 2002, ISBN 0-13-046019-2 (hardcover).
- Doraswamy, Naganand and Dan Harkins. IPSec: The New Security Standard for the Internet, Intranets, and Virtual Private Networks (2nd Edition), Prentice Hall PTR, 2003, ISBN 0-13-011898-2 (hardcover) / 0-13-046189-X (paperback).