strongSwan Installation Documentation » History » Version 40
strongSwan Installation Documentation¶
Live testing system¶
Distribution packages¶There are currently packages for:
Linux Kernel requirements¶
strongSwan should run on most distros' kernels. If you build your own kernel, include the required modules.
We have changed the build system to autotools for the 4.x releases.
There is a growing list of autoconf options available:
- Autoconf options for 4.5 releases (current)
- Autoconf options for 4.4 releases
- Autoconf options for 4.3 releases
- Autoconf options for 4.2 releases
- Autoconf options for 4.1 releases
Refer to the list of plugins to learn more about the plugins that can be enabled with the above options.
The build procedure is as with any autotools project:
- Download strongSwan:
- Unpack the tarball:
tar xjvf strongswan-4.x.x.tar.bz2; cd strongswan-4.x.x
- Configure strongSwan using some of the options above:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --<your-options>
- Build the sources and install the binaries as root:
make sudo make install