Requesting Help and Reporting Bugs » History » Version 1
Requesting help and reporting bugs¶
Before you request help or report bugs, the following items have to be given consideration to avoid
wasting your and our time and for optimizing the time it takes to find a solution.
If you look for help regarding configuration, base your configuration on the sane examples first to avoid generic problems.
If you are reporting a security issue, look at this document.
Please follow the given steps:
- Read the FAQ
- Read the manuals (the man pages that come with your version of strongSwan)
and make sure your version of the man page corresponds to strongSwan and not freeswan, openswan or libreswan.
The software that a man page belongs to is usually printed in the center top of the man page when it's initially opened.
- Make sure you put the files into the right directories. On distributions that stem from RHEL, strongSwan configuration files are under
- If charon crashes, [[https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/FAQ#strongSwan-crashes|make sure it's not because of pebkac]]
- Make sure your version is up to date. A lot of actual bugs are fixed in newer versions of strongSwan.
- Search the bug tracker using the search function for keywords from the logs
or keywords that describe your issue. Make sure to include issues.
- Search the mailing list using google and google search syntax (use the
keyword in the search request for google to specify the site that google should
print results for. E.g. site:strongswan.org NO_PROP_CHOSEN)